As your business grows, so will your website. To expand your site, you can easily add, remove or edit pages. Just remember that pages are intended for static evergreen content. To begin, follow the steps below.
Step 1: How to Log Into Your WordPress Site
- Open an Internet browser window.
- Type www.yoursite.com/wp-admin in the address bar. This link can be saved to your favorites for easier access in the future.
- In the login box, type in your username and password.
- Click the “Log In” button. Once logged in you will seeing the WordPress dashboard.
Step 2: Finding the Pages Tab in the WordPress Navigation
1. The image below shows you the basic WordPress navigation. Each tab controls a particular part of your website.
Step 3: How to Add a New Page to Your WordPress Website
1. Click the “Pages” tab on the left side menu. The following screen will appear, displaying all the current pages available for the website. However, just because these pages are created, doesn’t mean they are displayed. They will need to be either added to the menu or linked through another page.
2. There are two ways to access the “Add New” page – at the top of the page or below the pages tab. Click whichever one you prefer.
3. Either choice will display the following screen. Here, the page title and contents are entered.
4. Once the title and contents have been entered, click the “Publish” button on the right side of the screen. The page will now be visible on the home screen of the pages tab, and it is now available to be added to the menu.
How to Edit a WordPress Website Page
1. Click the “Pages” tab on the left side menu.
2. There are several ways to edit a page. You can either click the checkbox next to the page that needs to be edited, select “Bulk Actions” at the top of the screen, select edit and click the “Apply” button. You can also click the title of the page to edit it. Another easy way to edit your WordPress page is to hover over the title of the page and click the word “Edit”. All of these options will allow you to make changes to your page content.
3. Once the page have opened, edit the page and click the “Update” button on the right when you are finished and ready to republish the page.
Are you a visual learner? Check out our website tutorial videos to learn how to add a page to your WordPress website, publish a blog post, add a link and more.